Assessment and projections
- Assessment of the school, sports and childcare facilities (on site assessment) and of their attendance and occupancy levels to find out whether they still have the capacity to accept students and children or whether they have reached their maximum capacity.
- Comparative assessment of Pantin’s sports and childcare facilities based on a sample of cities having similar size and functioning.
- Population projections by age group according to the detailed housing projects within the city.
- Analysis and simulation of the demographic structure and its migration dynamics in order to assess how many users will potentially use the facilities over the following ten years.
- Implementation of a specific prediction model allowing to predict the number of students per school.
Scenarios and recommendations
Depending on the expected types of population, the distribution of facilities and their capacities, the development (or non development) of the different city districts, various scenarios are calculated in order to plan the necessary construction works (extensions of existing buildings, construction of new schools, merging of city districts, etc.)
These scenarios combine several parameters:
- The schedule of future facilities with regard to the urban development
- The duration of the works
- Users’ accessibility to the facilities according to their neighbourhood
- The coherence of the school map
- The priorities of the project owners